This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to both the initial and final manuscript submission to School Leadership Review.
- Manuscripts submitted to ELR should be 6000-8000 words in length (i.e., 25-33 double-spaced pages; 15-20 single-spaced pages), inclusive of references, tables, and figures. Tables and figures should be placed within the manuscript and follow APA regarding format.
- Do not include a title page or abstract. (Begin the document with the introduction; a title page, including the abstract, will be added to your paper by the editors.)
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers.
- Write your article in English (unless the journal expressly permits non-English submissions).
- All manuscripts should follow the style of the 7th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), including writing style; organization and structure; formatting of references, tables, and figures; and all other APA formatting concerns.
- Authors should review the section in the manual on Self-Plagiarism and the Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS; Chapter 3 in APA manual).
- All initial manuscript submissions (i.e., those submitted for review) should be typed, double-spaced in Times New Roman 12-point font with notes, references, tables, and figures. Once manuscripts are reviewed, they will be returned to authors to address reviewer comments and necessary edits.
- Final drafts of manuscripts for publication should be submitted with single-spaced type.
Please ensure that hyperlinks and digital object identifier (doi) numbers in the manuscript are activated and correct.
Finally, manuscripts that have substantial formatting errors, clearly do not meet standards for scholarship, or are not consistent with the mission of the journal (please see Aims & Scope) will not be sent out for review.