For more information, please see Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article.
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice, please contact the editors.
Journal of Human Services: Training, Research, and Practice has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. There are, however, rules governing the formatting of the final submission. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
As a condition of publication in the Journal, all authors agree to the following terms.
- First publication rights to original work accepted for publication is granted to the Journal and copyright for all work published in the journal is retained by the author(s).
- Works published in the journal will be distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). By granting a CC-BY license in their work, authors retain copyright ownership of the work, but they give explicit permission for others to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy the work, as long as the original source and author(s) are properly cited (i.e. a complete bibliographic citation and link to the journal’s website). No permission is required from the author(s) or the publishers for such use. According to the terms of the CC-BY license, any reuse or redistribution must indicate the original CC-BY license terms of the work.
- Exceptions to the application of the CC-BY license may be granted at the editors’ discretion if reasonable extenuating circumstances exist. Such exceptions must be granted in writing by the editors of the Journal; in the absence of a written exception, the CC-BY license will be applied to all published works.
- Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in the journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online in institutional/disciplinary repositories or on their own websites. Pre-print versions posted online should include a citation and link to the final published version in the Journal as soon as the issue is available.
Adapted from the Journal of Librarian ship and Scholarly Communications CC BY license agreement
Users of the SFA ScholarWorks website and/or software agree not to misuse the SFA ScholarWorks service or software in any way.
The failure of SFA ScholarWorks to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between SFA ScholarWorks and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.