Home > Research Projects and Centers > Center for Regional Heritage Research > Index of Texas Archaeology > Vol.
Journal of Northeast Texas Archaeology
The Patton or Pea Patch site (41HS825) is an ancestral Caddo settlement with several habitation areas and an associated cemetery on an alluvial terrace (255 ft. amsl) of Arms Creek, a northern-flowing tributary to Big Cypress Creek in the Lake O’ the Pines area of the East Texas Pineywoods. It is known that Buddy C. Jones, later to become a professional archaeologist, located and excavated at the site in 1964, including the investigation of a total of eight burials with a number of funerary offerings. Since Jones’ work, it is also known that extensive digging of more Caddo burials (believed to be ca. 88 or more burial features) from this Late Caddo period (ca. A.D. 1430-1680) Titus phase community cemetery has taken place by a number of individuals.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.