Journal of Northeast Texas Archaeology
The William Farrar site (41TT1) is an ancestral Caddo settlement and cemetery on an alluvial terrace of the Sulphur River (Figure 1) in the East Texas Post Oak Savannah, a few miles downstream from the W. A. Ford site (41TT2) (see Goldschmidt 1935; Perttula 2016). University of Texas (UT) archaeologists completed excavations at the site in August 1934, but they had known about the site since as early as 1932, when they purchased or had donated several Caddo vessels from a Henry William Martin and, in 1934, purchased a vessel from a John Bowman, who had previously dug at the site.
Cite this Record
Perttula, Timothy K.
"The William Farrar Site (41TT1) in the Sulphur River Basin,Titus County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2018,
Article 20. https://doi.org/10.21112/ita.2018.1.20
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2018/iss1/20
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.