The D. W. Moye site (41JP3) was recorded by Gus E. Arnold in June 1940 as part of the WPA archaeological survey of East Texas. The site, estimated to cover ca. 2 acres, is located on an alluvial terrace of the Angelina River (Figure 1), at the far southern end of the Caddo archaeological area in the East Texas Pineywoods.
During the 1940 archaeological survey of the landform, Arnold collected a substantial sample of ceramic vessel sherds from the surface of the site (see below). He also recovered a few chipped stone tools.
Perttula, Timothy K.
"The Ancestral Caddo Ceramic Assemblage from the D. W. Moye Site (41JP3) on the Angelina River, Jasper County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2017
, Article 7. https://doi.org/10.21112/ita.2017.1.7
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2017/iss1/7
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.