Journal of Northeast Texas Archaeology
The Henry Brown #2 site is a poorly known Historic Caddo site (dating after ca. A.D. 1685) affiliated with the Nadaco Caddo on Potters Creek in Harrison County, Texas. It is a cemetery site located about 0.5 miles from the J. O. and Henry Brown (or Brown #1) site (41HS261), another Historic Caddo cemetery. A single fragmentary ceramic vessel from the Henry Brown #2 site has been identified in the collections of the Gregg County Historical Museum in Longview, Texas, and we recently documented this vessel in July 2013.
Perttula, Timothy K. and Nelson, Bo
"A Whole Vessel from the Henry Brown #2 Site (41HS262), a Historic Nadaco Caddo Site in Harrison County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2014
, Article 58. https://doi.org/10.21112/.ita.2014.1.58
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2014/iss1/58
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.