Center for Archaeological Studies
This report presents the results of archaeological investigations and subsequent analyses of archaeological site 41HY165, located along the banks of Spring Lake in Hays County, Texas. Excavations were conducted at 41HY165 during the 1996, 1997, and 1998 Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University-San Marcos [Texas State]) field schools. As site 41HY165 was and still is located on property owned by Texas State (formerly Southwest Texas State University), investigations during the 1996–1998 field schools were subject to the Antiquities Code of Texas. Therefore, a Texas Antiquities Permit (Permit No. 1700) was issued by the Texas Historical Commission (THC) on May 30, 1996, with Dr. James Garber serving as Principal Investigator. The permit has since defaulted, and it is the goal of this report to close this permit.
Cite this Record
Leezer, Carole A.
"Prehistoric Life along the Banks of Spring Lake: Results and Analysis of the Southwest Texas State Field Schools (1996–1998) at 41HY165, San Marcos, Hays County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2013,
Article 11. https://doi.org/10.21112/ita.2013.1.11
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2013/iss1/11
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.