Proposed realignment of a historic bridge at Riverdale, Goliad County, Texas, by the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation and new approach right-of-way on County Road 134 will affect portions of the community of Riverdale The community was founded by the Riverdale Gin and Milling Company and the Riverdale Mercantile Company in 1913, for the sole purpose of processing cotton. The community ceased to exist over the period from 1946 through 1952.
This is a work for hire produced for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), which owns all rights, title, and interest in and to all data and other information developed for this project under its contract with the report producer. The report may be cited and brief passages from this publication may be reproduced without permission provided that credit is given to TxDOT and the firm that produced it. Permission to reprint an entire chapter, section, figures or tables must be obtained in advance from the Supervisor of the Archeological Studies Branch, Environmental Affairs Division, Texas Department of Transportation, 125 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas, 78701.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.