Home > Research Projects and Centers > Center for Regional Heritage Research > Index of Texas Archaeology > Vol.
Texas Historical Commission
Four archaeological sites in McCulloch County, Texas will be affected by the construction of a fifteen mile section of F.M. 765 from Fife, Texas to its intersection with U.S. 377 north of Mercury, Texas (Figure 1). These four sites were discovered in April 1973, by Dayrnond Crawford of the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation during a routine archaeological reconnaissance of the proposed right-of-way. Two sites, 41MK10 and 41MK27, are located along the banks of Bluff Creek, some four and one-half kilometers upstream from its confluence with the Colorado River. Bluff Creek makes two large meanders between the sites and the Colorado River, and the straight distance to the River is approximately 1700 meters. 1'he other two sites, 41MK8 and 41MK9, are located adjacent to Corn Creek approximately three kilometers from its confluence with the Colorado River.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.