The Goode Hunt (41CS23) and Clements (41CS25) sites are early historic Nasoni Caddo cemeteries and settlements in the Pineywoods of East Texas. The Clements site was first investigated in 1898 by W. T. Scott, and then again in 1932 by archaeologists from the University of Texas (UT). The nearby Goode Hunt site was also investigated by UT in 1932.
In this publication, the concern is with the 153 Caddo ceramic vessels recovered from burial features at the two sites during these various investigations, including the 34 vessels from the Clements site being curated by the American Museum of Natural History, the remainder in the collections of the Texas Archeological Research Laboratory at The University of Texas at Austin (TARL), and the seven vessels from the Clements site in the Dickinson collection. The ceramic vessels from the two sites provide the most complete picture of the character of Nasoni Caddo ceramic assemblages from funerary contexts at the time of first contacts with Europeans beginning in the late 17th century.
Perttula, Timothy K.
"Caddo Ceramic Vessels from the Goode Hunt (41CS23) and Clements (41CS25) Sites in the East Texas Pineywoods,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2015
, Article 10. https://doi.org/10.21112/ita.2015.1.10
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2015/iss1/10
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.