Center for Archaeological Research
Lone Star Archaeological Services, under the direction of Alton K. Briggs, conducted archaeological investigations in the vicinity and under the Sales Museum preceding the Sales Museum expansion project. The work was carried out between July 1991 and April 1993 under Texas Antiquities Committee permit number 1033 with Briggs serving as the Principal Investigator. Following the completion of the fieldwork, Briggs submitted several draft reports in order to fulfill permit requirements. The Texas Historical Commission rejected the draft reports and the permit lapsed into default. In 2003, the Center for Archaeological Research acquired the collection of artifacts recovered during the project and a fraction of the notes generated by the project. This report summarizes the results of the analysis conducted on the collection and describes the excavation results as they can be reconstructed based on the information available to the CAR staff. All artifacts collected during this project and all project-associated documentation is permanently curated at the Center for Archaeological Research according to Texas Historical Commission guidelines.
Cite this Record
Tomka, Steve A.; Fox, Anne A.; Figueroa, Antonia L.; and Thompson, Jennifer L.
"Report on the Archaeological Investigations Conducted Between 1992 and 1993 at the Alamo Sales Museum (41BX6) Bexar County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 2008,
Article 4. https://doi.org/10.21112/ita.2008.1.4
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol2008/iss1/4
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.