Center for Archaeological Research
In May 2006, The Center for Archaeological Research excavated one test unit at the exterior north wall of Room 4, west of the chimney at Mission San Juan Capistrano. The excavation occurred to assess the condition of the foundation and the dimensions of a more recent concrete footing before restoration of the collapsed north wall. The excavation found disturbed deposits throughout the test unit, but was able to locate and record the architectural features for Ford, Powell, and Carson, Architects and Planners, Inc., the project sponsors. A composite map of all excavations conducted at the mission since 1931 is included with descriptions of the agency, dimensions and location of all excavations as reported to aid future cultural resource management of Mission San Juan Capistrano.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.