Archival research and archeological test excavations in connection with proposed development of Dessau Road in north Travis County revealed the presence of the Pflugerville Bottling Works near the north end of the project. The plant was established in 1914 and moved to Austin in 1927. Archeological excavations exposed a midden, paved area and filled brick cistern but did not expose evidence of the building. Because of the lack of an associated building, those parts of the site within the proposed right-of-way are not considered eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.
This is a work produced for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) by the report producer. TxDOT and the report producer jointly own all rights, title, and interest in and to all intellectual property developed under TxDOT’s contract with the report producer. The report may be cited and brief passages from this publication may be reproduced without permission provided that credit is given to both TxDOT and the report producer. Permission to reprint an entire chapter, section, figures or tables must be obtained in advance from either the Supervisor of the Archeological Studies Branch, Environmental Affairs Division, Texas Department of Transportation, 125 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas, 78701 or from the report producer.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.