Center for Archaeological Research
During September and October of 1977, 10 days of limited testing and survey were carried out by personnel from the Center for Archaeological Research (CAR), The University of Texas at San Antonio, under the supervision of Dr. Thomas R. Hester. The work was conducted under the terms of Purchase Order No. 40-7442-1501 issued by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Soil Conservation Service (SCS). The sites tested were in the area to be modified by the construction of Floodwater Retarding Structure No.2 located on Dry Comal Creek in Comal County, south central Texas (Fig. 1). The testing was the second phase of investigation, following a survey in 1974, in the areas to be modified by the construction of Floodwater Retarding Structures 1 and 2 (Hester, Bass and Kelly 1975). In 1975, limited testing and additional survey were undertaken in the area affected by Structure No.1 (Kelly and Hester 1975a; 1975b).
The field work done in 1977, the subject of this report, was supervised by Cristi Assad, aided by Waynne Cox and Thomas Miller. All field notes, maps and artifacts are on file at the Center for Archaeological Research.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.