Texas Historical Commission
Ten archeological sites in Bandera County, Texas, will be affected by the completion of R.M. 337, a proposed 10.2-mile extension connecting the existing R.M. 337 (formerly F.M. 1336) with R.M.187 south of Vanderpool. These sites were discovered in February, 1978, during an archeological reconnaissance of the right-of-way by Frank Weir and Daymond Crawford of the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation and Robert Mallouf and John Clark of the Texas Historical Commission. Be- 'tween February 22 and March 21, 1978, preliminary sub-surface testing and/or surface collecting of the sites was conducted by Jerry Henderson and Daymond Crawford of the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation to assess the data potential of these cultural resources in order to formulate recommendations for their mitigation. The purpose of this report is to present the findings of these preliminary investigations and the subse- quent recommendations that have resulted from them,
Cite this Record
"Initial Testing Report and Recommendations for Archeological Resources along Proposed R.M. 337, Bandera County, Texas,"
Index of Texas Archaeology: Open Access Gray Literature from the Lone Star State: Vol. 1978,
Available at: https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/ita/vol1978/iss1/21
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
American Material Culture Commons, Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Environmental Studies Commons, Other American Studies Commons, Other Arts and Humanities Commons, Other History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology Commons, United States History Commons
Tell us how this article helped you.